Integrating MDT 2013 Tools with SCCM 2012 R2 for advanced functionality
Microsoft Deployment Tools 2013 offer plenty of additional functionality when integrated with SCCM 2012. Once installed, an additional automation will be available, including running Orchestrator Runbooks, as well as server role setup and Integration. The goal of this post is to show the steps and the relatively simple process of integrating MDT into SCCM
Integrating the MDT Tools Process:
- Install the Tools
- Integrate the Tools with the console
- Verifying that the tools are installed and show up in SCCM
- Download the MDT tools from (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40796)
- Click through the prompts using the default values. Make sure that both Documents and Tools and templates are selected.
- Wait for the install to complete then proceed to integrate the tools with the console
- Once installed, there will be a program files group created. Launch the Configure ConfigMgr Integration. Be sure to launch the program with an account that has permissions to SCCM Servers.
- Select the Option to install the MDT extensions to both the console as well as the server.
- Important if you have more than one management point, the extensions need to be installed on all Management Points. Failure to complete that will cause errors for console users when they are connected to a Management Point that does not have the tools installed.
One the tools are installed and integrated it will appear in SCCM. To confirm, launch SCCM Console and in a task sequence there will now be an option for MDT integration