Overview: Periodically Microsoft and other vendors release updates to the management packs in System Center Operations Manager (SCOM). It is important to update packs to current versions to ensure stability as well as the latest monitoring functionality. This procedure will outline how to check for updates and install the latest management packs.
- Select the dropdown box Add -> Add from catalog.
- Select Updates available for installed management packs and click search. Below will be a list of management packs that have been updated. Expand the list and click add on the desired management packs to update.
- Once the desired Management packs are selected click OK.
- At the next screen a summary of the management packs will be displayed. The green Check boxes will confirm that all prerequisites are in place. Once ready, click the install button.
- The process should go smoothly and confirmation of a successful import should be shown.
This process demonstrated how to use SCOM to check for updated management packs and to apply the most current packs. This process should be done regularly to ensure that the management packs are updated to the most current version.